Saturday, January 8, 2011

Vision therapy - week 6

Not too many exciting things to write about this week. Just lots of practicing keeping both eyes on and pointed at the same thing.

We continued to do mirror overlap. Previously I had only been putting the mirror over my left eye, because that was the easiest way for me to fuse. For this session, we starting covering my right eye with the mirror. Then we started using smaller mirrors to fuse with. Like usual, we start out with something I can do (or almost do), and then make it more difficult and complicated over a few weeks.

We also came back to the Brock string, to practice seeing the X again. I'm getting better!

We worked on tracking while fusing, too. I have gotten pretty good at seeing the red/green playing cards all at once, so now I'm trying to do it while moving my eyes.

Finally, we played around with vectograms, which are polarized black and white images that appear 3D with polarized glasses. They are nice because you can project them really big on the wall with an overhead projector. I had played around with vectograms in the beginning of my vision therapy without much success. This time, I didn't see in 3D either, but I got the strangest sensation in my eyes when I looked at the vectogram. It felt like my eyes were... I don't know, bugging out of my head. Not in a bad way, though, but in a new and exciting fun way. I had never felt anything like that before, so I was quite happy. It felt like something was stirring inside of my visual system. Hurray for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment